C.Q. UNIVERSITY - 2016 ACADEMIC OPENING
CQ UNI - DAILY ADVERTISIUNG A DIGITAL MEDIA COURSE FOR 2016 - ON CH 7 SUNSHINE COAST -
LINKS WITH LONG ESTABLISHED ROCKHAMPTON ACADEMIC INSTITUTION - UNCLEAR AT THIS TIME. We are checking links! More info to come.. Ed..RCS
MAYORS UNI EGO TRIP - INVITATION!
Thank you for this untitled blank form E-mail providing me with a very late invitation to the University opening. (No addressee stated)
What happened, did some of your esteemed guests decide not to attend, so now belatedly you are trying to fill chairs for this expensive waste of ratepayers funds to promote the ego driven Mayor’s great swansong…?
You can probably tell that I will not be attending,.. your event anyway, but stand by for some fun and frivolity on the day. Even your skills as Marketing and Public Relations director may be tested, so get your spin hat on…
Reason I will not grace his presence is that in my view this Council has wasted millions of this communities money with a distinct lack of consultation, involved itself in matters outside of its remit, like rail and now University sites that are part of State and Federal Government roles, and in the meantime declined the opportunity to rein in the cost of living extortion that is Unity Water.. secret meetings, deals,.. need I go on..? probably not, because you have probably tuned out already..
But I do wonder how you will “sell” the Uni site once the true picture of the quality of the land is exposed.
I look forward to participating and supporting the groups that will rear their ugly heads in the next short while and chop this Council down to where it needs to be.. out of a job.
But thanks anyway for thinking of me.. not!
Disgusted rate payer and long term business owner in this shire..
From: Belinda Boyce [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, 15 October 2015 10:50 AM
To: Belinda Boyce <email@example.com>
Subject: Moreton Bay Region University Precinct - Official Launch Event Invitation
I understand that it is late notice, however on behalf of the Moreton Bay Regional Council, Regional Development Australia Moreton Bay and Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism, it is with great pleasure that I extend this very special invitation to you, to join us for the highly anticipated Official Launch Event of the Moreton Bay Region University Precinct.
Please find attached your exclusive invitation that outlines the event details.
I ask that you RSVP for yourself and a guest, highlighting any special dietary requirements.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details provided below.
I look forward to seeing you at this exciting event as we find out more about the Moreton Bay Region University Precinct Project.
ARE WE PAYING FOR THIS?
Director Marketing and Public Relations
A NEW UNI - YES BUT NOT ON OUR RATES
The latest "official" news can be found on the Moreton Bay Regional Council Website.
Yes, this is planned to be a local government run university!!!!
The Mayor is having a private dinner on site soon for his mates, potential financiers, potential academic partners and of course the media.
well as the banquet there will be a paid guest speaker [Salt the demographer] and a jazz concert for the invited guests, all at ratepayers expense.
Unofficial News -
* the feasibility study is not available on the council web site, the regional development web site or the consultant's web sites.
It is believed that the case for another university in southern Queensland, or in this location has not been made.
* the site valuation is secret - believed to be 10% of the going price for industrial land in the area]
* the names of the valuer, the solicitors, the agent and the
consultants and fees are secret.
* the site is believed to be heavily contaminated with asbestos and toxic chemicals, but not listed on the contaminated sites register.
* The site is quite close to the closed down Carseldine campus of QUT and the Caboolture campus.
It is within the population catchments of well established universities.
* No academic partner has been named. Wait for the3 full fanfare at the banquet.
* The group that is seeking to be elected to replace the Mayor and his "yes" person councillors have publicly stated that the whole project will be dropped in March 2016 [the day after the council elections]
* The site is nowhere near the regional capital, Caboolture.
* The site is flood prone. The site is erosion prone. The site is mainly riparian zone, the site has acid sulphate soils. Koala families have been seen to exist on the site.
* There has not been
one second of consultation with one ratepayer of Moreton Bay, the people who have unwillingly contributed well over $50Million to this pipe dream/ego trip already and will be expected to contribute much
* Under no stretch of the legal imagination can it be construed that the Local Government Act permits a council to buy land, build or enter into the management of a university.
No other council has ever done so.
If you would like to keep abreast of this issue could I recommend www.yourcommunityfirst.org.au [particularly the face
book chit chat]; and www.reclaimcabooltureshireinc.com
DEMISE OF CARSELDINE CAMPUS - WILL PETRIE HAPPEN?
Please look up - Queensland University of Technology, the Wickipedia entry, Carseldine Campus;
Read the sad, sad story. this university facility is almost the next door neighbour of the Sutherland University in Petrie
Alas - not in His Worship’s council area.
This is the commercial reality into which our misguided mayor and CEO are launching their ego-driven quest for a university with our money. Who signed off on the feasibility study?
R.C.S. AND YOUR COMMUNITY FIRST - ASK WHY?